Two days ago I posted on Facebook about walking into a late night:
- starting the late night
- encouragement from my son as he went to bed
- end of night recap
- waking up to coffee from my wife
Ended up crushing it that night, but calling it a day at 2 a.m. meant walking into the next day on only 4 hours of sleep.
I don’t do that often these days, nor am I saying to grind yourself away. But, here is how the next day (yesterday) went…
Understandably, it crossed my mind that I’d be burned out. When I checked the calendar, yikes, I had three podcasts to do and a call with a new lead. Hope I pull through.
Yet, 4 hours of sleep later… I KILLED IT.
Had one of the best feeling days in a while. So I started thinking, “why?”
- I’m physically tired
- But mentally ready to take over the world
It’s because the first podcast I delivered one of the most passion-driven interviews ever. That set positive momentum that carried throughout the rest of the day.
- When you love what you do, you can raise it up a level whenever you need
- When you love what you do, you want so spread that love
- When you love what you do, you want to inspire others
Granted, I also looked more tired than usual, but when you care more about helping others than their opinion of how you look that day you freakin’ deliver.
So I rose up and delivered.