Leaves fall in autumn, but your sales shouldn’t. Summer has ebbed, and the holiday season is not yet upon us, but there are plenty of things you can do to keep your sales strong.
Try these ideas for jump-starting sales in autumn:
- Go social – Use your social media accounts to spread the news about your Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, or other seasonal promotions.
- Decorate with fall themes – If your business has a storefront, decorate using fall colors. Whatever the nature of your business, a little creativity can help you use fall themes for your promotions. Don’t be hesitant to use the autumn palette to promote your business.
- Support community sports – Show your community that you care by sponsoring a local team sport, such as the high school football team. Contact the school and inquire about sponsorship packages. You may be able to get your name in the program or on a banner in the stadium or gym. Consider involving the fans by giving out samples or free T-shirts at games.
- Thank you cards – Show client appreciation by sending out Thanksgiving cards in early November to past and current customers. Enclose a coupon in the thank you card to encourage shoppers to patronize your business before Thanksgiving Day.
- Create a contest – Promote your business by offering customers a fall-themed competition for gift certificates. Hold a fall-leaves coloring contest for kids or a competition for the best Halloween costume.
A little ingenuity can help you maximize fall sales.