Many successful entrepreneurs are worthy of emulation. They have beaten the odds and, through hard work, reached the pinnacle of success in their chosen field.
With Father’s Day approaching, here’s a look at just a few successful entrepreneurs who are also fathers or father figures:
- Bill Gates – Gates is an inventor, computer programmer, business magnate, investor, and, most importantly, a philanthropist. He is the co-founder of Microsoft, the largest PC software company in the world. He has a net worth of more than $77 billion, which he shares generously to benefit many charitable causes.
- Richard Branson – This billionaire founder of the Virgin Group, which consists of several subsidiaries, started young as an entrepreneur. He launched his first business venture when he was only 16 years old.
- Michael S. Dell – He is the founder of Dell Computers, a leading provider of information technology infrastructure solutions.
- Carlos Slim – He is a Mexican telecommunications business magnate who was ranked from 2010 to 2013 as the world’s richest person. His business conglomerate—Grupo Carso–comprises a broad business portfolio.
- Larry Ellison – This programmer, businessman, Internet entrepreneur, and full time philanthropist is the founder of Oracle, a leading software company.
- Sergey Brin – Brin is a Google co-founder. He was born in Moscow, Russia and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and computer science from the University of Maryland.
- Mark Zuckerberg – As the founder of the world-famous networking website, Facebook, he is known for receiving a one dollar salary. He is a college dropout who became a computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.
We can’t all be millionaires, but with Father’s Day approaching, we can draw inspiration from the positive qualities of these and other father figures.